Visual artefact in V6 wire frame mode


#1

Hi,

Please find attached a V5 3dm file. When opened in V6, the wireframe display shows as

It displays correctly (as solid colour) in V5.

test.3dm (576.8 KB)

Additionally if I open the Layer Color editor in V6 and click OK … the wireframe displays correctly!

This is my current configuration.

Rhino 6 SR0 2016-11-9 (Public Build, 6.0.16314.1241, Git hash:6.0.16314.01241 in branch n/a)

Windows 10.0 SR0.0 or greater (Physical RAM: 32Gb)

GeForce GTX 670MX/PCIe/SSE2 (OpenGL ver:4.5.0 NVIDIA 375.70)

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On

Anti-alias mode: 4x
Mip Map Filtering: None
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: None

Vendor Name: NVIDIA Corporation
Render version: 4.5
Shading Language: 4.50 NVIDIA
Driver Date: 10-25-2016
Driver Version: 21.21.13.7570
Maximum Texture size: 16384 x 16384
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 16384 x 16384
Total Video Memory: 3 GB


(John Brock) #2

I’m unable to repeat the problem.
When I open your file in V5 or V6, it opens in a Wireframe display.
If I change to a Shaded display in either Rhino, it shaded properly.

That said, the file does have two “Bad” surfaces in it.
Run SelBadObjects.
I suspect if you fix them, then you won’t see anything different either.
https://wiki.mcneel.com/rhino/badobjects