Viewport Render Shadow Quality

Hi David - so it looks like the Skylight shadow quality is now hooked up to the main display mode shadows memory size / quality slider?

Are they really connected ‘behind the scenes’ or this is just so there is no new UI introduced?
There are some scenarios when one may want sharper/better quality cast shadows but just fast AO… so I thought the idea was to have a separate slider for Skylight quality.

Also, now the Skylight quality actually affects its darkness/density, so the high quality shade becomes very dark. That is another big wish to be able to control the intensity/radius of the Skylight.
The only way I can try to do it now is by changing the Environment intensity but it has other undesired effects like overburning material colors etc. (in Rendered mode any any non-artctic mode that uses Skylight…)

Having more control over this effect to make it work per-model would be great to have. Now many models over here turn too dark with Skylight and I know that is an arbitrary preset now that will work for some people and for some will not. That’s why I propose you guys considering letting us control that individually.

thanks-

–jarek