ViewCaptureToFile blue image

It took 2:37 to generate the image from the raytrace view (for the view it took more). After it was exported, it was just blue.

test_1|666x500

What could be causing this?

Hello - does it make any difference if you un-check ‘transparent background’?

-Pascal

yesss! thank you!

Still should not happen - thanks for the report, I’ll see if I can reproduce it.
-Pascal

@peachycorn to get the most performance out of your machine you can pause the current Raytraced viewport before starting the viewport capture. You can either use the pause-button on the Raytraced viewport HUD in the left-lower corner, or use the rhino command _TogglePausedActiveRealtimeViewport, choose to suspend.

That will ensure your computing cycles are not wasted while doing the viewport capture.

also, FWIW, I just did a successful capture with transparency:

Hey,

thank you both for answering so quickly!

It creates a blue image again if I make a resolution bigger than the viewport (the time it worked I did it with the viewport).

Also,toggle command was really helpful, thank you.

now this happened

with viewpoint resolution (and after doing toggle)

I was able to do a capture to resolution 5760x3240.

I assume you are on the most recent build of the Rhino WIP.

Perhaps you can share the file you are having problems with. If you want to keep it private you can use rhino3d.com/upload?to=nathan@mcneel.com . I’ll receive a notification when the upload has finished.

I have send it

Thank you. I could not find anything out of the ordinary with your file. I managed to do again a 5760x3240 render. I saved the one below down to half that size, as the image converter for the forum didn’t like the big one.

Could you please run the Rhino command _SystemInfo and copy/paste the text from the dialog box that pops up here?

Rhino 6 SR16 2019-5-14 (Public Build, 6.16.19134.12066, Git hash:master @ 67b26a3c6272fff2c5e3b933193a29de9d124008)
License type: Beta, build 2019-05-14
License details: Stand-Alone
Expires on: 2019-06-28

Apple Intel 64-bit macOS Version 10.13.6 (Build 17G2208) (Physical RAM: 16Gb)
Mac Model Identifier: MacBookPro15,1
Machine name: Antea’s MacBook Pro
Language: en-HR (MacOS default)

AMD Radeon Pro 555X OpenGL Engine (OpenGL ver:4.1 ATI-1.68.20)

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On

Anti-alias mode: 4x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Height

Vendor Name: ATI Technologies Inc.
Render version: 4.1
Shading Language: 4.10
Maximum Texture size: 16384 x 16384
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 16384 x 16384
Total Video Memory: 4 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 555X
Displays: Color LCD (258dpi 2x)

Graphics processors
Intel UHD Graphics 630 (1536 MB)
Radeon Pro 555X (4096 MB)
Color LCD (1680 x 1050)

USB devices
Razer: Razer Mamba
VIA Technologies Inc. : USB 2.0 BILLBOARD
Generic: Mass Storage Device
Apple Inc.: iBridge DFR brightness
Apple Inc.: iBridge Display
Apple Inc.: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad
Apple: Headset
Apple Inc.: iBridge ALS
Apple Inc.: iBridge FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in)
Apple Inc.: iBridge

Bluetooth devices
None

Third party kernel extensions
None

Third party plugins
/Library/Frameworks/iTunesLibrary.framework/iTunesLibrary

Rhino plugins
/Applications/RhinoWIP.app/Contents/Frameworks/RhCore.framework/Resources/ManagedPlugIns/RhinoCycles.rhp “RhinoCycles” 6.16.19134.12066
/Applications/RhinoWIP.app/Contents/PlugIns/NamedSnapshots.rhp “Snapshots” 6.16.19134.1002
/Applications/RhinoWIP.app/Contents/Frameworks/RhCore.framework/Resources/ManagedPlugIns/GrasshopperPlugin.rhp “Grasshopper” 6.16.19134.12066
/Applications/RhinoWIP.app/Contents/PlugIns/PanelingTools.rhp “PanelingTools” 6.16.19134.1002
/Applications/RhinoWIP.app/Contents/PlugIns/AnimationTools.rhp “AnimationTools” 6.16.19134.1002
/Applications/RhinoWIP.app/Contents/Frameworks/RhCore.framework/Resources/ManagedPlugIns/Commands.rhp “Commands” 6.16.19134.12066
/Applications/RhinoWIP.app/Contents/Frameworks/RhMaterialEditor.framework “Renderer Development Kit” 6.16.19134.1002
/Applications/RhinoWIP.app/Contents/Frameworks/RhCore.framework/Resources/ManagedPlugIns/RDK_EtoUI.rhp “RDK_EtoUI” 6.16.19134.12066
/Applications/RhinoWIP.app/Contents/PlugIns/Displacement.rhp “Displacement” 6.16.19134.1002
/Applications/RhinoWIP.app/Contents/Frameworks/RhCore.framework/Resources/ManagedPlugIns/RhinoDLR_Python.rhp “IronPython” 6.16.19134.12066
/Applications/RhinoWIP.app/Contents/PlugIns/RhinoRender.rhp “Rhino Render” 6.16.19134.1002

Only thing I can think of is this. If possible try updating to Mojave. I’m on 10.14.4.

did it, it still comes as a blue image :frowning:
it takes some time and the image is 31kb

Do other display modes capture correctly?

yes, everything works fine and rendering as well.

Could you please try selecting the CPU as your rendering device in Preferences > Cycles? I assume you have currently your AMD GPU as the rendering device…

it was CPU already.

Hmm. Does the OpenCL tab show your AMD card? If it does you could try using that. Note of warning though: switching for the first time to a Raytraced view after selecting the AMD GPU will take a long time. It’ll look like nothing is happening, but Cycles is compiling its raytracing kernels for OpenCL. Try this at a moment you are not in a hurry. Leave it for say 5-10 minutes running.

I doubt this is going to help with the blue part though, but if it works you may find a bit better performance during the rendering.