Vertical reaction anaomalies in Non-linear analysis

When I perform a Non-Linear analysis, the total sum of reactions does not match the linear analysis. I was expecting the reactions may vary but the sum of reactions would be the same. In all load cases, the NL analysis says the sum of the vertical reactions is 158kN higher than the linear analysis. Except in LC 0 where they do match and coincidentally the vertical reaction in LC0 is 158kN exactly.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Hello @alexander.griffiths,
did you check whether the non-linear analysis did not stop prematurely because of non-convergence?
– Clemens

Hi @cp1 ,
The Lamda values for each load case all reached 1. So I think this indicates that the analysis has converged. Unless I misunderstand.

Alex

Hi @alexander.griffiths,
I set up a test and could reproduce the problem. There is a bug in Karamba3D 2.2.0, which results in wrong support reactions in case of geometric non-linear calculations when mixing nodal and element loads.
I filed a bug report at BUG: Wrong support reactions in case of geometric non-linear calculations when mixing nodal and element loads · Issue #53 · karamba3d/K3D_NightlyBuilds · GitHub and will try to fix the issue as soon as possible.
Thanks for pointing out the issue!
– Clemens