Version 5.3.2 (5D197) Crashing when connecting Polyline Points

I am looking for suggestions to help fix a continuously recurring problem when connecting a polyline point to make a completed curve. Every time I do this step Rhino crashes. I tried reloading the application and this did not help.

Any help would be appreciated.

David

I forgot to add that I am running on Mac OS Version 10.8.5.
Computer is a Macbook Air with 1.8 GHz Core i5.
Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3.
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB

Hi David - are you closing by snapping back to the start point with Point OSnap, , or by typing C for Close? Or does it matter?

-Pascal

I received an e-mail response from the Rhino Mac Tech Support Team. With the information I was able to solve the crashing problem by deleting my Rhino - Preferences file. All is good. Below is the response with a link that explains how to accomplish the Preferences file deletion using the Mac Terminal Application.

Thank you for the crash report. This is an automated response to the crash report you recently sent.

We are receiving a number of crash reports like the ones you submitted. These crashes are only happening on 10.8.5. The crash is occurring when the modeling window is being resized, or something inside the modeling window is being resized, but we cannot tell anything more specific than this.

We are unable to duplicate this crash so we need your help. We’ll need to duplicate your crash in order to find it and fix it. Are you able to reliably duplicate this crash? If so, please send us a detailed description of how to reproduce the problem.

This may be caused by settings saved in your Preferences. See http://wiki.mcneel.com/rhino/mac/resetprefs which describes how to reset your Preferences settings. If this fixes your crash, please zip your saved Preferences file and send the zip file to us with a description of how to duplicate the crash.

Does this happen with one specific model? If so, we will need a copy of your 3DM file.
Go to the McNeel File Upload URL (http://www.rhino3d.com/upload). Enter your information and use mactech@mcneel.com as the recipient address at McNeel, and be verbose in your description of your problem.

Thank you for helping to fix this crash.

Mac Rhino Technical Support
mactech@mcneel.com