vaPlanView settings not taking effect

I whipped up a quick drawing to try and convey what’s going on. In the screen shot I have 3 different plan views with 3 different styles, as well as two vaSectionViews for reference. I’m able to successfully use the section view style properties to drive the appearance of the sections - the exception being the line color - driven by it’s parent object; see my other post (although this is easy to work around). The plan views however are only recognizing the section attributes of their respective objects and ignoring all my plan view settings. Therefore the three plan view styles are all quite different yet the plan views created with them look identical.

I felt like I was just missing something but after digging pretty hard I think this might be a bug - I would think that the plan view settings should behave the same or similar to the section settings.

Hi @keithscadservices,

Please, check my answer in your other post:
Lineweights and PrintDisplay - Tips and Tricks? - VisualARQ - McNeel Forum

Thanks,

Enric

@keithscadservices, good news: we have just released a new version of VisualARQ (2.12) which adds the option to override attributes to Section and Plan Views by style (in a more consistent way than before). Check this out here: Section View Attributes Overrides - VisualARQ - YouTube
And the news of the new version: VisualARQ 2 - Version 2.12 released

1 Like