Values of an image along a path

Hey,

I use Grasshopper to transfer pictures to the milling machine. So far I have always used the ‘image sampler’ and the brightness output. I always worked with a grid. Now I would like to try something new. I would like to lay a path over the picture that determines how my milling machine has to go. Along this path, the drill should dip to different depths depending on the brightness of the image. (see example picture below) I hope you can understand what I mean. So my question is how do I get the brightness values of the image along this path at certain points. Do you know a useful tool / plug-in for this? I just kind of need food for thought, because I just don’t know how to start. I look forward to any help.

Yours,
Bonobert

Maybe you can use “Heightfield” Rino command to create mesh (or surface) form image and then work with mesh in Grasshopper

If the image is mesh use deconstruct mesh and closest point to find the index than use it to find the color

This is an idea, which is worth to think about it. I would still work with the image sampler. With the information I get from the brightness I will create a mesh or surface and then I will make an intersection with the path and the curved surface. Thanks for your help!