VA Material doesn´t render

Hello,
i work with Rhino (5 and 7), VisualArq (2.10.2) and Flamingo for a long time.
Now since a few hours the properties of the windows and doors don´t render, whether in Rhinorenderer or Flamingo, whether in RH 5 or RH 7,
It doesn’t matter if I assign a Flamingo or Rhino material in the VisualArq styles. I installed now VA 2.10. but nothing happend …

Does somebody has any idea?

Hello,

How did you apply the material? Is the material you want to apply set as selected in the window and door style? Please, send us the file to visualarq@asuni.com so I can figure out what could be causing the problem.

Kind regards,
Alfonso

Hello Alfonso,

thank you for your answer!

i´ll send you a file with wetransfer “RH Test Datei.zip”

The Texture i applied here:

[image]

Kind regardes

Leo

Hello Leo,

I have checked the file and I could render the window and door with the glass material applied.

Do you have the same result if you apply that material to a Rhino object? What happens if you try to apply a different material? If you create a new window with a new style and try to apply this material or any other, do you get the same result? What if you copy the 3d model to another file?

Kind regards,
Alfonso

Hello Alfonso,
it´s always the same, i tried a komplete new file without any styles in VA, and no other objects or styles in Rhino (5 +7) … If i create a new wall and put in the standard window there´s no transparancy in the shadet view and in the rendering - and if i create an new material put it to the window glas - the shaded view is transparent - but the rendering not.
i´ve the problem also in old files - if i make a rendering here now all windows are grey - and ive the problem on two workstations and on my notebook …
Kind regards
Leo Screenshot 2021-05-10 213342 material window glas|690x378

Hi,
now i deinstalled RH 5 and RH 7 and VA and installed it new,
it´s the same … The Block on the ground is the same material as the window-glas …
best regards,
Leo

Hello Alfonso,
if i split the block of the windows, walls and doors it works!
I don´t know - maybe i´t´s a problem with the blocks ?

best regardes
Leo

Hello Leo,

Ok, I’ll report the issue to see what could be causing the problem.

Kind regards,
Alfonso

Hello Leo,

I could reproduce de issue with Flamingo but we couldn’t reproduce it using Legacy Rhino Render, so maybe it is a bug in Flamingo. Please, confirm that you have the same error using Legacy Rhino Render.

Regards,
Alfonso

Did you try also with Rhino Render in v7 ?

Yes, but I couldn’t reproduce it either.

Hello Alfonso,
i´ve the same results in RH 7:

Flamingo:

Rhinorenderer old version:

Rhinorenderer
Window Rhino Renderer

Hi @holtmann-design,

I think this is a Flamingo bug. In order to draw VisualARQ objects correctly, the render plug-in needs to ask for the material that each VisualARQ component is using (using a special API of Rhino called RDK, Render Development Kit).

As Flamingo is a McNeel product, I always thought that it will be using this API.

Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do from our side to fix this issue, because it seems Flamingo will use a single material for each object, so it’s not possible, unless exploding the object, to use different material for each piece.

Enric

Hi Enric,
thanks for the fast reply
10 day´s ago everything was ok - i made hundrets of renderings with this configuartion … what should i do now ? My workflow is optimzed for VisualArq and Flamingo. There are some projects i´ve to do changes in VA, have to make floor plans - if i explode the windows and walls, the floor-plans in VA are without hatches … and the klients want to have the same visualisations they got in the past … for example, i´ve to do many small and some big showrooms with windows …
Leo

OK,

If it worked fine 10 days ago then it is something with this model, or a new update of VisualARQ or Rhino. As you mention the issue happens in both, Rhino 6 and Rhino 7, my bet is that the problem is related to this particular document.

If you create a new document from scratch and set a transparent material to a glass component, does it render fine?

Enric

Unfortunately no, I have already reinstalled rhino and VisualArq and also version VA 2.10. tested. But I’m not sure whether all the relevant components have actually been uninstalled. Could it be due to the settings in my block manager? Or are these settigns ok ?

Hi @holtmann-design,

I’ve been debugging Flamingo nXt 5.5 with Rhino 7.5 and VisualARQ 2.10, and it seems this is a bug in Flamingo because VisualARQ is correctly returning each mesh with the correct material. The same exact code is executed with Rhino Render, Legacy Rhino Render, and V-Ray, and in all other renders it works fine.

I’m moving this topic to the Flamingo category.

Regards,

Enric

Good morning Enric,
I’ve just tested all versions, the only combination that works is RH 7 with the two Rhino renderers. The Rhino renderer doesn’t work for me under Rhino 5 either, so I’m not sure if it’s just a Flamingo problem.
Regards,
Leo

Rh 7 with Rhinorenderer:

Rh 7 with Rhinorenderer old:

Rh 7 with Flamingo 5.5:

RH 5 Rhinorenderer:

Rh 5 with Flamingo: