V7 WIP is broken. Doesnt recognize basic commands

HI, I opened the Rhino WIP today and it’s broken. I get these errors as I start the program. After I click “OK” about 27 times, the WIP does open, but doesn’t recognize many basic commands such as _About or _MeshBox to name a few.

I tried to repair V7 WIP. No luck.
I uninstalled V6 and V7 WIP, restarted PC, and reinstalled…twice. No luck.

When I open the V7 WIP in safemode, I do not get the initial pop-up errors. However, basic commands still come up as unknown.

What do you suggest as the next course of action?

Rhino 7 SR0 2020-8-18 (Public Build, 7.0.20231.16005, Git hash:master @ 58f0ee664bd3c34b972266f3f3bdb1de4c3bebcf)
License type: Commercial, build 2020-08-18
License details: Cloud Zoo
Expires on: 2020-10-02

Windows 10.0 SR0.0 or greater (Physical RAM: 32Gb)

Non-hybrid graphics.
Primary display and OpenGL: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 (NVidia) Memory: 4GB, Driver date: 7-24-2019 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 432.00

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On

Anti-alias mode: 4x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Height

Vendor Name: NVIDIA Corporation
Render version: 4.6
Shading Language: 4.60 NVIDIA
Driver Date: 7-24-2019
Driver Version: 26.21.14.3200
Maximum Texture size: 16384 x 16384
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 16384 x 16384
Total Video Memory: 4 GB

Rhino plugins that do not ship with Rhino

Rhino plugins that ship with Rhino
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7 WIP\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp “Toolbars” 7.0.20231.16005
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7 WIP\Plug-ins\3dxrhino.rhp “3Dconnexion 3D Mouse”

Further, I only have wireframe as a display mode.

Looks like none of the standard plug-ins are loading - that’s what the 27 messages are about, and that’s why the commands contained in those plug-ins don’t work. Something pretty wrong there - something is preventing them from loading/installing, and is sounds more like it might be a system problem. Was it working OK previously? If so, when did it stop? Your V6 is working correctly?

Make sure your Windows is 100% up to date. You should also update your video driver, but that is secondary and not the cause of this particular problem, but it will be good for V6 as well.

I guess if getting your Windows up to date and a new download/install doesn’t fix the problem, you might try to do a clean uninstall of the WIP (not V6 or you will lose all of your custom settings etc.). To do so:

Open regedit, and delete the following keys entirely:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\McNeel\Rhinoceros\7.0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\McNeel\Rhinoceros\7.0

Then also delete the following folders on your hard drive:

“C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\7.0”
(type %appdata% at the start button to get to “Roaming”)
“C:\ProgramData\McNeel\Rhinoceros\7.0”
“C:\Program Files\Rhino 7 WIP

FWIW, I just downloaded the same edition of the WIP and it is working normally.

When you went on to reinstall the WIP did you download a new copy first, or use the same one as before?