V7 unable to work with its own dims settings

Hi,
Test 2 …testing V7 own creations, shows that V7 is unable to open its own creations in Layout View ! :hot_face:

dims and text made with dims style Inch decimal fractional 0.1inch tall appear 0.1inch tall in design views…GOOD ! :grinning:
Open the design in Layout View and the text and dims have almost vanished. :hot_face:

Add text and dims using the dims style in Layout view and immediately nothing is visible.
All this worked fine in V5, as one would expect. Something that works fine is not a bug is it ?

If V7 cannot open its own dims styles into Layout view at the expected appearance, surely thats a bug.

V5 came with model space scale 10 set as such in default.

V7 also comes with that set to 10 ! so one carries on with dims styles hand edited into properties.
All my settings match …two clicks to view the image.

The little diagram top right in dims properties shows all looks ok for scale 10 0.01inch high.

If we are expected to alter the default to 1 from 10 and enter height 0.1 and all the arrows 0.1 and so on, whats going to happen when we open a V5 into V7, the dims will go HUGE. Alter scale to 10 and they will be microscopic in Layout view.

I have loads of ongoing projects in V5 to continue with in V7, EXTREMELY WORRIED.

back to V7 here, so alter model space scale to 1 and no difference still microscopic.

create a new style 0.1 inch tall and apply to one of thousands of wonky dims and text boxes and now we see 0.1 inch tall, and have to alter the boundaries back to where they were, this for hundreds of boxes is **NOT ON !

But how do we get the existing dims from design view where they were 0.1inch tall to appear 0.1inch tall in a 1:1 scale layout detail pane ? Altering the style for dims, and more than one style is in use, several different ones for heights are in use, is adding extra workload and also will doing so upset the style in design view ? I am months behind as it is after 3 months rebuilding PC to win10.

Surely having a set of dims for design view and another set for layout view and somehow applying the Layout styles to the design view styles, how does one do that, activate the pane and try and select all the dims and leaders within it, avoiding any movement of it, as is so easy to do, and , …hells bells ! :hot_face:

and this is V7, first step into the field and legs blown off already.

here is the test2 read its progress top to bottom, see what I refer to. two clicks to view it.
eye opening !

What other issues await, I havent done any work yet.

How is one expected to use V7 for dims in design view and dims in Layout when this happens ?

THE PROBLEM…What is the method for applying dims in V7, so that V7 dims will open as expected in Layout ?, and how to apply further dims and text when in layout view over deactivated detail panes, and also for working with V5 files ?

Unable to progress with work and V7… :hot_face:

Here are the test2 files:-
Test2 dims created in V7 then open as layout view fail.3dm (165.5 KB)
Test2 dims Inch Decimal Fractional 0.1inch tall file created new Rhino V5 this opened in V7.3dm (196.0 KB)
Test2 dims Inch Decimal Fractional 0.1inch tall file created new Rhino V5.3dm (164.6 KB)

Steve