V7 Release

At what point will McNeel set direction, goals, and objectives for beyond V7?

As far as I remember, the first RH7 WIP was available right or very soon after RH6 final was released. I assume it will be the same for RH8 WIP - available soon after RH7 will be released.

1 Like

That is correct.

1 Like

Is there going to be a thread on planned RH8 features? :heart_eyes:

There are plenty of “WISH” threads in the RH7-WIP channel. For sure it will be the same for RH8. Not sure though if that will continue in the same WIP channel or if there will be a new channel, separate from RH7 WIP Serengeti. Separate would be good, imo. Where do rhinos live other than in the Serengeti?

We could just rename this thread.

2 Likes

Hopefully, good features will be added to Rhino 8 and many bugs will be fixed.

you really wanna start talking RH8 now? common, I think the mcneel devs feel enough pressure already :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I often feel like Rhino 6 is still in beta! :sweat_smile: :rofl:

4 Likes

Because they did not meet our needs in Rhino 7
At least compensate in Rhino 8
I hope
Many bugs are not fixed
shell.chamfer.fillet
And other commands!!!
:grinning:

1 Like

easy killer… lets get v7 out and running eh? :wink:

but… points for enthusiasm!

We’re pretty focused on V7 at the moment. Feature requests are always welcome here on discourse and once we actually have a V8 WIP we’ll start generating a what’s new list that users can comment on for feature development.

We don’t have a bullet list of “planned” V8 features if that is what you are looking for. I have a list in my head of what I think should be added as well as most other McNeel staff and I can bet that all of those lists are all slightly different. We need to figure out what can be done and what should based on input from the community.

5 Likes

Sounds good, thank you for clarification! Much success to the McNeel devs :100::100::100::100:

Now hold your horses. They were here first, get in line! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Great question! Test it yourself and you will have the answer.

I’d say ready enough. Bugs will be there anyways. Looking at the amount of SR Rhino 6 has had, Rhino 7 can just as well be released today. Time for a Rhino 7 release party, a holliday for all McNeel staff, and a welcome to Rhino v8 WIP that focusses on high end surfacing tools, robust fillets and solid editing tools, blocks and drafting.

10 Likes

im still with Rhino 5 version, want to buy an update, coz started to make little hobby 3d again. But i also wait for v7 release, to buy v7 and not v7 and then another upgrade for v7

Two thumbs up on the surfacing tools :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

And Grasshopper 2, since Grasshopper has been out of Beta for a couple of years now, only beta software floats our boat :wink:

Joking aside, getting some of the modeling and features Alias has into Rhino, that’s what I hope to see, besides additional shortcut key combinations and perhaps a Grasshopper player similar to Revit/ Alias’ 2021.2 Dynamo player.

E: And live linking files would be nice.

1 Like

Can you explain these two?