V6 Goal: True PDF Export

Technical display will be raster just like printing once we have all of the kinks worked out.

I’m guessing you have an overview of the kinks but anyway…

The attached is a native Rhino PDF (printed with ‘raster’ but comes out as wire-frame just like Ken said)

RH-Native-PDF-Raster-Out.pdf (454.1 KB)

When reading this back into Rhino, I get a “successfully read” message but nothing comes in.
(Not when printing vector either - both are obviously vector…)

Also, when then printing again, Rhino sets another printer as the current one and I’m not sure which rule it uses to decide which of the available printers to use.

hi @stevebaer, do you mean that shaded 3D patches will export as closed boundaries with strokes + fills? …like I requested here? V6 Goal: Make2d overhaul - #34 by gustojunk

G

Nope, I was referring to solid hatches.

1 Like

Simlab 3D PDF plugin isn’t free but nonetheless, relatively cheap at $95 and does a pretty good job for me.

Something funny happening with text sizing when SavedAs PDF. This simple test shows the text in the PDF displays at different sizes.

Is it to much to ask for a possibility to save as a fillable document? :slight_smile:

i don’t understand. What is a fillable document ?

I think he means forms that you can fill out… Like boxes that when you click in them become active and you can type text. You can make those in something like Acrobat.

–Mitch

That would be one way to interpret the request😀 I would like to better understand what the problem is and what a proposed solution is.

Hi,
Sorry for the bad questioning.

Today we print a drawing to a PDF. Afterwards we open it up in Adobe and add interactive fields for production to fill in. I think it’s called “PDF forms” in adobe. we use it for FAI (first protocol inspections) there production control meassuering the product and report it in PDF systems.

Hope this helps, thanks in advance!

I doubt we will directly add this feature. That said, we added SDK access so the PDFs can be created from .NET plug-ins or python scripts. Upon creating the PDFs, you can add whatever you want to it by using the libraries that we provide.

1 Like

That sound good enough.
If possible someone will for sure add a script for this later on =)

Thanks Steve for the effort!

I have the same issue. Mo matter what I do it will comes out as lines/wired. Is this isue already solved?

I can repeat this bug and have logged it as something to fix
https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-40377

RH-40377 is fixed in the latest WIP

I noticed that the dimension arrow is still not visible when using Rhino’s built-in save to pdf functionality. Apologies if this has already been reported as a bug. And if it has, please could someone explain the procedure for checking whether a specific bug has been reported.

Thank you

I am not at mc neel
Write at @stevebaer

I’ve checked this now in the current WIP and can repeat that.

Not as far as I can tell. I’ve now created bug report RH-41392.

You could search on YouTrack for open issues with e.g. the keyword PDF:
https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issues/RH?q=pdf%20State:%20Open

1 Like