V5 feature missing in V6: highlight isocurves on selected object

I have been using Rhino V6 for the last few days and I noticed the absence of a very useful function I enjoyed in V5. I usually work in “Shaded” display mode, showing the object edges in black line, no isocurves. I prefer not to have the isocurves visible at all times because it makes the display very “busy”. In V5, in “Shaded” display mode, when selecting an object, both the edges and isocurves were highlighted in yellow. I liked this function a lot because it showed “imperfect” surfaces, for example I could see if isocurves extended beyond the edge, all nicely highlighted in yellow.
However, in V6, in “Shaded” display mode, when selecting the object, only the edges are highlighted in yellow, no isocurves are visible. On the other hand, in V6, in “Rendered” display mode, when selecting an object the edges and isocurves are highlighted in yellow, as it was in V5. So, I spent some time in the Options/View/Display Modes looking at the differences between the “Shaded” and “Rendered” mode and trying to figure out why the “show isocurves on selected object” worked in “Rendered” but not in “Shaded”. I narrowed it down to “Surface edge settings”. When “Edge thickness (pixels)” is set to “1”, the black edges are visible on the unselected object - when selecting the object, the edges are highlighted in yellow but the isocurves are not highlighted. But when the “Edge thickness (pixels)” is set to “0”, the object edges are no longer visible on the unselected object - when selecting the object, both the edges and the isocurves are highlighted in yellow. So, it is not possible to have visible black edges on an unselected object and highlighted edges+isocurves on a selected object. It is either visible edge or highlighted isocurves. It was perfectly possible to have both in V5.
I do not know why this has changed between V5 and V6. I really loved the “show isocurves on selected object” function, it was quite useful. Please bring it back.
If this function is still there in V6, please show me how to turn in back on.

1 Like

Thank, I have filed a bug report here: https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-45031

@pascal
Any news on this?

Hi Charles, as far as I can see this works as expected… does this look right? Now, this is a 6.10 build, which is just what I have installed at the moment, but the bug item appears to have been fixed months ago

-Pascal

Thank you Pascal.
You are right, it is ok as it is.
I assume I did something stupy in my test.

Forget it.