You can read a case study for UTS Central, a design project for the University of Technology Sydney.
Discussed for this 17-story glass-encased building are:
- Early contractor involvement.
- Shifting away from conventional BIM software to more manufacture-based software. Delivery of the BIM information.
- Geometrically deriving the sun shading system in Grasshopper. Fabrication of these louver and cladding panels from folded aluminum components.
- Individual fixture design.
- The Grasshopper script.
- Material feedback.
- Scan data to determine the as-built structural steel geometry.
- 2D documentation.
- On-site installation.