UTCI calculation problem

Hi all

I’m quite a fun of the Procedural Compute and I would like to thank these guys for this amazing idea and their excellent support.

I’ve experienced problem with UTCI calculation. On the Solar Radiation task, I got the following error:

Found error
oconv: fatal - (/data/objects/objects.rad): undefined modifier “None” rcontrib: fatal - (!oconv -f -w- /data/materials/materials.mat /data/objects/objects.rad /data/skies/white_sky.rad): truncated octree in
rfluxmtx -n 2 -I+ -ab 4 -ad 4096 -lw 0.0002 -w- -y 12684 - /data/skies/white_sky.rad /data/materials/materials.mat /data/objects/objects.rad - (/data/objects/objects.rad): undefined modifier “None”’, ‘rcontrib: fatal - (!oconv -f -w- /data/materials/materials.mat /data/objects/objects.rad /data/skies/white_sky.rad): truncated octree’] in [‘rfluxmtx’, ‘-n’, ‘2’, ‘-I+’, ‘-ab’, ‘4’, ‘-ad’, ‘4096’, ‘-lw’, ‘0.0002’, ‘-w-’, ‘-y’, ‘12684’, ‘-’, ‘/data/skies/white_sky.rad’, ‘/data/materials/materials.mat’, ‘/data/objects/objects.rad’]

Error in function: solar_radiation: rfluxmtx -n 2 -I+ -ab 4 -ad 4096 -lw 0.0002 -w- -y 12684 - /data/skies/white_sky.rad /data/materials/materials.mat /data/objects/objects.rad returned: [‘oconv: fatal - (/data/objects/objects.rad): undefined modifier “None”’, ‘rcontrib: fatal - (!oconv -f -w- /data/materials/materials.mat /data/objects/objects.rad /data/skies/white_sky.rad): truncated octree’]

Are someone familiara with the solution for this?

Thank you

Hi Dusko,

Thank you for the kind words :slight_smile:

See how it says None in the error message:

oconv: fatal - (/data/objects/objects.rad): undefined modifier “None” rcontrib: fatal …

That typically means that you haven’t assigned a material to a part of the geometry.
Could you double check that all meshes have an assigned material on the Grasshopper canvas?

Cheers,
Christian

Hi Christian

Thanks for quick answer.
Yes, you are right - the wire which connect mesh with materials was accidentaly deleted. Now it works.
Cheers
Dusko

I’m happy to help Dusko!

I have made an update so that the tasks now show an error saying there is a missing material assignment. Hopefully that will make it easier to troubleshoot in the future.