Using quadremesh to reverse engineer a scan

6 Likes

Hi thanks for the video. Thatā€™s really interesting. Is there any similar function in Rhino5?
Thanks

not really at least not in that exact manner. reverse engineering topography was a tough domain before the dawn of quadremesh :smiley: have you got an example? in any case it will be definitely more work and might not reach the quality.

Thanks. I am remodelling a heart model. I used a ā€˜mesh2surfā€™ trail pulg-in. It worked very well. however, it has been expired now. I am looking for methods of reversing in Rhino 5.

does not sound too complex, building it from scratch might take a few minutes?

He might be talking about a scan of an actual (human) heart?

ok maybe, in case it has to be accurate, i think it would take 2 hours maximum? less time than shopping around forever trying to be lazy :slight_smile:

Hi Kyle - you should do another breakdown for a last also with a bottom pattern (the bottom shape) too. I think that in cases likes these, when the aim is to get a low clean topo, so there arenā€™t any bumps etc. in dense areas, it is maybe best to split into two pieces. In last making, one of the most crucial aspects is the accuracy of the feather edge (the bottom edge), and again for it to be clean.

cool idea-
Iā€™d need to do some research on how this is madeā€¦
Iā€™ve never designed a last beforeā€¦ do you have an reference I could work from?

Hello Kyle,

Thank you. Quite nice. I will certainly check for the attributes of this work flow as of 3/23 and that it is hopefully useful to give the tread a ā€œbumpā€ for those who might want to visit this work flow [ your tutorial seems like a good intro. example] and or who like me have a "to do " list that may have an order to it but would need derivative of a Complexity Theory model applied so as to realize the [or any]emergent order therein.

Thank you,

Andy