Using Ladybug Radiation Analysis as input for generating points?

Note: I’m using legacy Ladybug - not sure why, but I couldn’t get the other one to work.

The input from Ladybug radiation analysis looks something like this:

Where the mesh is comprised of faces which are coloured depending on how high the radiation is.

I want to convert the mesh faces to surfaces, and then randomly generate x number of points on each surface depending on the radiation level - the more radiation there is, the higher the number of points.

So far I have managed to take the mesh and convert it to a number of surfaces, but I don’t know where to go from there. I’m also kind of new to Grasshopper, so I do apologise if any of this should be painfully obvious!

I’ve attached what I have so far.
model_v2.3dm (15.9 MB)
solar-rad_v1.gh (410.9 KB)

Hi Andrea -

For questions that involve Ladybug, you should visit https://discourse.ladybug.tools/

I see that your question is more about post-processing results from Ladybug output. To get help with that here, you should make a copy of your Grasshopper graph, internalize the output in the Mesh component and delete all components that are in front of that. I would then also create a new thread with a title that doesn’t contain “Ladybug” so that users here don’t automatically skip your post.
-wim

1 Like