Using Jitter To Shuffle Multiple Branches in a Tree Differently

Hi Everyone,

I have a simple question regarding the Jitter component. I created the following components for better explanation.

In this image we have a list of two branches, {0} and {1}. These branches have same elements from 0 to 9. I want to shuffle these elements not in the same way. When I use Jitter, this component shuffles the elements in the two branches in the same way and I’m obtaining same branches as you can see from the last panel on the right. However, I want to shuffle the elements in {0} differently than {1}. In my real problem, I have lot of branches, so I cannot separate them like in this case using a Split Tree component, shuffle them using different Seed values and then merge them back. Can anyone assist me with this please given that I have a lot of branches and the type of the elements in my big tree are Polyline Curves?

Thank you so much for your help.

What about something like this?

1 Like

3. Attach minimal versions of all the relevant files

You can create a list of random integer (0 To 300) seed values, one per branch, and graft the ‘Seed’ input to Jitter. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you so much Adam for your quick response. This works really helpful and works great!

1 Like

Thank you so much Joseph. The Seed with the Jitter component works really fine!