Using human ui with solvers (galapagos or opossum)

Hi all,

I am working on a project that utilizes both Human UI and some of solvers like Galapagos/Opossum/Goat. The issue that I am having is that Human UI’s input value automatically return to its default values right after Opossum or Goat started. Strangely, there is no such an issue with Galapagos. It seems like solvers other than Galapagos trigger refreshing Human UI, and I wonder if there is anyway to avoid it.

Galapagos : Human UI keeps its set value - https://global.discourse-cdn.com/mcneel/uploads/default/original/3X/2/0/2016a5c034f84a343175dbfbb3aae3a8782d3582.mp4

Opossum/Goat : Human UI reset its value to default upon running the solvers - https://global.discourse-cdn.com/mcneel/uploads/default/original/3X/7/7/774f279a5c7c0914ab3c5efbca0dcf28b0903850.mp4

I have attached Rhino & GH files in case anyone take a stab at it.

test.gh (39.1 KB) test.3dm (54.7 KB)

Thanks in advance.

W

Human UI does not support these solvers. Even using Galapagos in this way is likely not to work correctly - once a slider in the UI is established it should not be modified within the definition.

Andrew - Thanks for the quick reply. I understand that sliders in UI should not be modified with the solvers. But if you look at the definition, solvers do not change those sliders embedded in the UI - they only change values of independent sliders. I just put those sliders there to show some of those solvers refresh the interface no matter what, and wanted to know if there is any way to stop it refreshing…

Thanks anyways.

W

ah, I see. The other two solvers are likely expiring the whole definition, whereas Galapagos only expires those components on which the fitness depends (or which depend on the sliders it is connected to). Nothing I can do about this one unfortunately…

Yeah, that is what I thought. Thanks for the reply thought.

W

No updates on that ? I will try Human Ui and Galapagos 3.0.3 and see what happens.
Reporting soon