User interface glitch

Hello Everyone,

For a week I have been experiencing problems with the user interface, some important commands wont respond at all.
This is quite subtle but extremely frustrating ! That’s why I’ll try to explain this problem with pictures (the software is in French, I’ll make a comment above each picture to facilitate the reading and the understanding).

I want to specify that I have already uninstalled/reinstalled the software, I’ve also reset the default windows and tools several times.

• First problem :
    I can no longer change the position of the sun, the command does not respond!

When I open the “panel” drop menu at the top to open the “sun option window” and “CLICK” on it… nothing happens (Image 01)

Image 01 :

As you can see, the command even appears in the upper left corner in the “actions/history command” but the windows with all the sun controls, orientation etc. never opened (Image 02).

Image 02 :

• Second problem:
    I can’t edit the materials anymore,

As you can see in the pictures below (Image 03), in the layer option, when I click on the material option the window opens, I can still modify the nature of the material (plastic, plaster, metal etc) But I can no longer modify the color of the material, the level of shine, the roughness, the reflections, the opacity etc !

Image 03 :

Also, if I type directly the command “material” in the search/commands bar, as for the sun control panel nothing is happening (Image 04 & 05).
The command appears in the history, as if it had been executed but no command window opens.

Image 04 & 05 :

Finally, I would like to point out that I recently downloaded and imported a lot of 3D objects into Rhino as part of a project, do you think this could correspond with this type of problems ? (scripting problems, virus etc?).

I thank you in advance for your help and expertise,

Lucas.

Hi Lucas - please open Options > Plug-ins page an make sure RendererDevelopmentKit plug-ins are enabled and loaded. Please also run the _SystemInfo command in Rhino and post the results here.

-Pascal

1 Like

Awesome it worked !

Thank you very much sir,
have a good day,
Lucas

(the results just in case)

Rhino 7 SR23 2022-10-9 (Rhino 7, 7.23.22282.13001, Git hash:master @ a931168ca9426920ae6aa97218710b662f17fc39)
License type: Commercial, version 2022-10-09
License details: Stand-Alone

Windows 11 (10.0.22000 SR0.0) or greater (Physical RAM: 32Gb)

Computer platform: LAPTOP - Plugged in [96% battery remaining]

Hybrid graphics configuration.
Primary display: Intel(R) UHD Graphics (Intel) Memory: 1GB, Driver date: 3-16-2020 (M-D-Y).
> Integrated graphics device with 3 adapter port(s)
- Windows Main Display is laptop’s integrated screen or built-in port
Primary OpenGL: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super (NVidia) Memory: 8GB, Driver date: 5-5-2022 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 512.78
> Integrated accelerated graphics device with 4 adapter port(s)
- Video pass-through to primary display device

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On
Graphics level being used: OpenGL 4.6 (primary GPU’s maximum)

Anti-alias mode: 4x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: High

Vendor Name: NVIDIA Corporation
Render version: 4.6
Shading Language: 4.60 NVIDIA
Driver Date: 5-5-2022
Driver Version: 30.0.15.1278
Maximum Texture size: 32768 x 32768
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 32768 x 32768
Total Video Memory: 8 GB

Rhino plugins that do not ship with Rhino

Rhino plugins that ship with Rhino
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp “Commands” 7.23.22282.13001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\WebBrowser.rhp “WebBrowser”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp “Renderer Development Kit”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoRenderCycles.rhp “Rhino Render” 7.23.22282.13001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk_etoui.rhp “RDK_EtoUI” 7.23.22282.13001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk_ui.rhp “Renderer Development Kit UI”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\NamedSnapshots.rhp “Snapshots”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoCycles.rhp “RhinoCycles” 7.23.22282.13001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp “Toolbars” 7.23.22282.13001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\3dxrhino.rhp “3Dconnexion 3D Mouse”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Displacement.rhp “Displacement”