User interface for a GH program?

unhandled

(Joe Babb) #1

So I am making progress on my program to draw scrolls. I have a bunch of sliders and one MD slider. These controls set the basic size, growth rate, number of revolutions, thickness (two scrolls are separated by a value), position, flip in X or in Y, and rotation. I’d like to have all these controls in a nice control panel. I notice there is a thing called a Remote Control Panel and that if I right click on some controls I could publish them to a control panel of some sort. How do I do this? Anybody got any cool examples?

Just try it. Right click, and you’ll see a panel popping up. This panel can be docked to the same tool panel as Layers and Properteis etc.

Coolest way to get to see an example: Try it. :wink:

// Rolf

(David Rutten) #3

Note thought that only a very limited number of objects can be published (2D sliders not among them). At present the RCP is more a proof-of-concept than a genuine feature.

(Joe Babb) #4

Okay. Is there any other way to make a user’s control panel? Is there a possibility of making a snazzy control panel in VBasic and sending info to the GH program?

(David Rutten) #5

Some plugins have some pretty cool features, but it requires you have that plugin.

Yeees, that’s possible, but not necessarily easy or quick.