URGENT open Objects distorted after running perspective macro is 4months work safe?

Hi,
V5
My perspective view has gone badly distorted, I shut down rhino, relaunch, go into perspectve its still bad,
circles AND solids as circles are as elipses deformed in two directions, I set it to front, then back to perspective, no change.

The grid is perfect and square, my objects that were on screen have got squished. in all views.
( I had run Pascal macro

`_-ViewportProperties_Rotation 0 _Enter`

with great trepidation I ‘show’ 3 months of work that was ‘hide’ and its circular…phew !! but current open work is squished.

How can one restore to default views .in V5

URGENT as unable to work and deadline tonight.

Steve

Hello - the 4View command may be what you are looking for, run twice in a row, or SetView

-Pascal

Hi,
thanks, I ran 4view, it places 4 views on screen, the objects are still distorted, the grid is ok, run it again, no better.

run SetView and click on world and on perspective, still distorted objects, try again, still distorted.

oh no :frowning:

that macro attacked the objects that were open.

attached the file,
note the dim says its circular, and it was until I ran the macro.

Its also reduced it in size. 4.4 long was 5.7, another object from which parts came is still 5.7

ALL I DID WAS ROTATE THE VIEW IN PERSPECTIVE MODE THEN RUN THE MACRO TO LEVEL IT UP, AND BAMMO THAT HAPPENED.

THIS IS IN MY MASTER FILE 4 MONTHS WORK, I AM SCARED STIFF !!!
A POLLUTED FILE what did that macro do ?

I also had to get rid of 137 linked images yet all I had done is copy out what you see. Crazy. need a fix for that as well.
squished with dim.3dm (128.0 KB)

Steve

Manipulating your views cannot do anything to your geometry.

i assume you may have the 2point projection enabled instead of perspective. that can screw up the vision pretty bad… just a guess of course. or you changed the lens length

ok but 4view should also fix that again. sorry i dont see anything bad with your file though.

edit:
oh i see that setting it to 2 point perspective does not actually switch back to perspective.

Hi.

that macro did that, I wouldnt know what to do to do that, maybe scale1d left to right then again top to bott then again rear to front, 3 separate commands to wreck it.

Need to unpollute the file, what did that macro do, ITS BY BIG IMPORTANT FILE, god knows what its done and is waiting to do now.

how can it be dia 2.5 with that elipse,

what do I do ???

Steve

here your file resaved, maybe it brings it back into perspective for you. otherwise, did you copy paste everything into a blank new file? or do objects look weird there either?

squished with dim.3dm (117.0 KB)

but just to be sure there are several objects one is circular the other oval is that correct?

Hi encephalon, do you mean to say everything is circular ?

what is the length of the parts ?

here they are also shrunk, in 3 directions. each one attacked in a different way.

attached, do you not see a rounded brown and a squished blue ?

all my blues are no longer rounded, note the sphere I had put in just to tell me what was top, just before I ran the macro, even thats no longer sphere.

squished with dim_2.3dm (397.4 KB)

'cos I do !

and yet again adding the rear units in I have to delete 137 linked images…ye gods whats rhino doing to me :frowning:

I NEED HELP McNeel AS THIS IS MY MASTER FILE AND SOMETHING BAD HAS JUST HAPPENED TO IT.

its gone polluted and its 4 months work often till 3am, what with that and these damn linked images a simply copy paste brings in 137 now.

Steve

i am sorry… but that is all i see in my file only those 3 blue object plus the dimension and a blue square curve, no idea how you distorted it but as @Helvetosaur mentioned, that can not have been from the macro, something else must have been involved.

but for the oval objects there is an easy fix. just scale 1d from the center. for the pebble, boxedit seems to fix it quick and easy. anything else you need fixes for?

what i fixed squished with dim.3dm (200.8 KB)

You can just type the “4” key then enter. It’s the shortcut for the 4view command.

HI,
I did absolutely nothing, the blues were open, i ran that macro and immediately thats what happened,
THE MACRO DID IT, I have no intention of messing about in scale 1d trying to make it like that., why wreck 4 months work.

This is 4 months work and I ahve no intention on wrecking it, the file is now got at by the macro, I donmt know what or whay it did that, Pascal might know as its his macro, and up till then, 3 times I used it and it was ok, now its lethal.

PLEASE McNeel I need to know whats happened and how to unpollute this file. URGENTLY

what do I do to cleanse it.

I was finishing it off tonight 4 weeks after should do so. I dont have any more life to give this.

Steve

You can just type the “4” key then enter. It’s the shortcut for the 4view command.

its not the view, or is it, the objects are distorted and the grid is square, does no one else see elipses when they were circles here ?

Please I am not understanding, are you all seeing perfect circles and both items I have now posted as same size ?

see my printscreens thats how they are to me, are they like that for you or not ?

I cant even work now if I cant believe my eyes on the file.

Steve

sorry to hear that… there is not much we can do at this state, but just to clarify, the macro you have stated above does 100% not change your objects.

maybe this can help? by luck you still have some autosave files on your computer.

Hi,
the autosave is dated 3 days ago so no use at all as 45hrs work done since then. Nothing in there from last 3 months other than that.
I am working till 3am, feet and legs swelling up due to end to end rhino nasties happening keeping me sat here 15hrs a day., darn linked images being a major one.

The .3dmbak file , thank god, its lost me an hour or so, its just before I started colouring up the blue object and making shapes, and then that MACRO…

THE MACRO DID THIS … IT WOULD TAKE ME AGES TO DO THAT OTHER WAYS AND WHY WOULD I WANT TO CAUSE MYSELF SO MUCH STRESS AND EVEN MORE TIME IN THE CHAIR…

IT HAPPENED IN FRONT OF MY EYES IN AN INSTANT THE MACRO BUTTON WAS CLICKED AND BANG IT HAPPENED.

SOMETHING VERY WRONG WITH THE MACRO. DANGEROUS.

not sure why no one believes me.

Mcneel need to test it.

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TELL ME, do you guys NOT SEE deformed shapes in my last posted file ?
how can the grid be square and the objects eliptical now when the blue ones were circular and copied from the brown ones.

I need to know PLEASE.

Steve

My guess is the objects were distorted at some point in the past, and looked round because of some view that you had. When the view changed, it revealed the problem.

-Pascal

Steve, i can understand your pain, but there is no need for writing the stress off your chest now. that will not help you get your file back into order. shit happens… thats why i duplicate my files each time after a major change.

that is what i see in the 2nd file you posted above. i oversaw it before.

Hi Pascal, not the case, I had an hour ago made them from circles extruded, as the brown one, then cloned the brown one copyInPlace and gave it a blue layer, then added a ring circle (light blue) extrude all simple stuff,

rotated it to compare to a photo leveled it with your macro and BANG it happened.

is the file polluted by that happening ?

I need to delete the button, dare not ever use it again, how do i delete that button and the macro ?

do please try it out, I have used it 3 times and no probs but now this.

take my brown object ( I cant post the entire thing, ) copy it to blue layer rotate it in persp, make a button, apply macro and test it.

the .3dmbak file has saved my life. set me back a few hrs.

How does one cleanse a file that may have taken on a loose cannon as a result of running a non native command ?

to ‘pollute’ a file and copy things from it to other files, its covid19 for rhino, can wreck everything. if those linked images can do that, what else i wonder. 137 by the way tonight.

need also stop V5 doing that linked image nightmare urgently.

Steve

Encaphalon,
thats it you see it,
phew !

so you see what that macro did. simple shapes made from circle and extrude, for the brown , then copied to blue, added the cyan one and ran macro and BANG. squish in different directions and also scale shorter.

Steve

i can repeat that quite a few times if it helps you get back on the track.

T⃣
H⃣
E⃣

M⃣
A⃣
C⃣
R⃣
O⃣

D⃣
I⃣
D⃣

N⃣
O⃣
T⃣

C⃣
H⃣
A⃣
N⃣
G⃣
E⃣

Y⃣
O⃣
U⃣
R⃣

G⃣
E⃣
O⃣
M⃣
E⃣
T⃣
R⃣
Y⃣

get over it! get a grip and start fixing, and dont blame others for it.

The “4view” command absolutely does not change geometry. It’s something I use multiple times a day, I’m baffled as to how this could be the first time. IT DOESN’T CHANGE GEOMETRY.