URGENT: Disappearing text - Need solution asap!

As a test, try disconnecting the second monitor and use just the primary monitor on the laptop.
Then see if the text disappearing problem goes away.

This doesn’t sound like a display driver issue since the text was showing and then later it wasn’t. Do you have a file that exhibits this behavior that I can take a look at?

OK will do

Sorry about the delay steve. I’ll PM you the file.

So I updated my computer…amd threadripper 2920x with a rtx 2080ti gpu so it can not be the computer anymore…and yesterday, the same thing happened to the file again. Not as frequent as before, but it happened regardless. Is this a bug that can be submitted for fixing? Thanks.

Yep I’m having the same issue. It’s random and unpredictable. Happens when creating, stretching, scaling detail views, going in and out of them in layouts.

I’m out of ideas.
Maybe @stevebaer might have something to suggest.

I’m having the same issue. I run a high spec computer with dual 4k monitors so I highly doubt it is inadequate. This is a very frustrating issue, is there any fix for this yet?

As with the OP, I need this fixed for time sensitive drawings.

When it breaks:

What it’s supposed to look like:

What breaks it is saving after creating detail views.

1 Like

I am having the same type of issue too.
Very similar to what @Asterisk is describing with his screen shot. The text of dimensions (in model space and layout space), the text in leaders and symbols from the layout pages will disappear until i close the file and reopen.

The objects that remain when the text disappears, still remains selectable but the text itself is not visible. This only happens from the “paper space” side of layouts.

After i reopen the file, everything is displaying correctly.

This is effecting at least 6-7 people in our office that have mentioned it, up to 24 of us in total, whether the others mention it or not, if it is an issue with Rhino 6, then it will effect all of us eventually.

@wim can you have a go at trying to repeat this? I haven’t been successful yet for getting this to happen on my computers.

I ran into same problem before:https://discourse.mcneel.com/t/font-compatibility-bug-text-and-dimension-text-sometime-disapear/77438/10

turns out my problem it’s a font compatibility issue, after installing the latest Rhino it stopped happening.

You might need one of our files, 'cause the models need to be somewhat extensive. Who do I need to tag in upload?

Wim is probably best. I’ve tried with other files sent to me and failed

@Asterisk - yes, please address it to me and I’ll give it another shot to try and reproduce. I won’t be back into the office until next week though…
-wim

Hi Wim,

I also have been having this exact problem so I thought I’d bump this post.

At first I thought it was due to file compatibility… as our files have made their way from archicad to autocad and then imported into rhino, however after reading several forums it seems to be more of a general problem.
Has there been any progress with this?

Thanks
Cal

Just yesterday I had another occurrence of this issue.

I managed to get IT to install the latest update for Rhino 6 (SR16) yesterday and the line work has not disappeared the same way it was doing yesterday…just wanted to check, is everyone using v6 SR16?

If so and this is still happening, I managed to find the text that had disappeared completely… (this could be unrelated however…but JIC) for some reason it had become microsized. I selected them one by one with selection boxes (I had to be fairly accurate with this and make sure I was selecting only the text) and then upscale them all…since then they seem to be OK.

As I said, it could just be a previous mistake made on my part, however… there it is if you want to give it a try.

It’s still happening on select machines here. Drivers and R6 are up to date.

1 Like