Update User Texte with grasshopper

Hi all,

I would like update user text in rhino object with grasshopper or plugin, it’s possible ?

Curently i used human but it forces me to bake and remove the old object…

thanks for all

Up…

If you just need to add attribute user text to an existing document object from Grasshopper then one way you could do it is to add a script component and reference SetUserString from RhinoCommon.

Here’s a quick example that will add My String / My Value to an existing doc object.
You’d need to do some more work if you wanted to detect keys and values added outside of Grasshopper.

1 Like

you don’t need to bake and remove an object to update its user text with Human - you can use “Modify Attributes” with “Create Attributes” to edit the attributes of an existing object. image

Oo it’s cool ! Thanks @andheum
I was missing the latest version of human.

Best,

Thanks @Trav but i used Human it’s great plugin !
I keep your code handy it can help

1 Like

Hi @Rhymone, I use Elefront plugin http://www.elefront.info/
Do you see any reason to prefer Human ?

no I use it since the creation I believe !
Human it’s great pugin for me…

1 Like

I use both Human and Elefront.

Human seems to be crafted with more error trapping and stability in mind, but it lacks a few components for easily referencing blocks and exploding them in a practical fashion.
In particular, I like Elefront’s “Insert Block by name” component, and “Explode Block” with it’s “Recursive” and “One level” options.
It makes life much easier when dealing with blocks with a known structure.
Human can deal with any block structure, but using it for simple structures comes at the expense of lots of path manangement.

1 Like