Update page error and crash bug

Hi @pascal,

in the below dialog for updates, i´m facing an error message when i click on “check now”:

this is the error message:

once i click on the link for “learn more about usage statistics” rhino crashes immediately with the crash report dialog. (This still lists Rhino4 but i´m using Rhino5 x64). I´ve sent the crash report along with an empty file :wink:

thanks,
c.

Odd, both of those are working here, just tested… Wonder if it has something to do with system language?

–Mitch

Hi Mitch,

don`t know, btw. the email adress field i´ve cleared only in the screenshot. Maybe it has something to do with my security setting but both are repeatable.

c.

@brian, do you have an idea?

thanks,

-Pascal

If Google Translate got it right, “Der angegebenen Datei ist keine
Anwendung zugeordnet.” translates roughly to “The specified file has no
associated application.”

Both of those links try to open a web page by passing the full URL to the
operating system. This causes the page to open in your default web browser

• but it appears that you don’t have a default web browser.

My guess is that your copy of Windows doesn’t know how to open an
http://url. Here’s how to fix it:

1. From the Start menu, click Default Programs
  2. Click “Associate a file type or protocol with a program”
  3. Scroll down to “HTTP”, and select it
  4. Click the Change program… button
  5. Select your favorite web browser

Does that make it work?

• Brian

Brian Gillespie
Rhinoceros Development
Robert McNeel & Associates

Hi Brian,

thanks for your help. But i am sorry, in that list i do not have HTTP, neither unter extensions nor under protocols.

is there a way to add it manually ?

thanks,
c.

EDIT: I fixed it by clicking the button in firefox to set it as default browser. It now opens the url fine and lists HTTP under protocolls once that dialog is re-opened. Thanks !

You might try installing (or reinstalling) a web browser. Clearly you’ve got one - you can read this forum.

But right now your question is about how to make Windows work properly, which is a good question for Microsoft support.

To see what I mean:

1. From the Start menu, type cmd and press Enter
  2. In the command prompt, type start “” “http://www.microsoft.com and press Enter.

Your default browser should open. If it doesn’t, then your computer is misconfigured.

thanks brian, the two links in options page work.

c.