Unwrapping a Filleted Tabletop

Could someone perhaps show me how the unwrapping and texture mapping needs to be done so that a (filleted) tabletop looks like it’s made of one piece of wood when rendered? I’ve seen this and a few other videos and found this explanation for an old plug-in called ‘uvcwrap’, but I somehow don’t even get the seams right for the non-filleted piece. (Just 2/3 sides that can be seen match at a corner.)

tabletops.3dm (657.4 KB)

In the case of the unfilleted table, I’d use a Box mapping method as shown in the attached file. Use bounding box and then change the dimensions for the box in Properties>Texture Mapping to all match, e.g. I used 70x70x70 here. The filleted table requires a custom unwrap with the seam being selected shown as a red curve in the model. I then rotated the unwrapped UVs in the UV editor to align with the texture.

unwrap_bjames.3dm (507.5 KB)

Another technique I have used is to keep the top and sides as non-joined separated geometry and use different texture maps on each. A great example of this would be plywood: One map for the top showing the wood grain and another map on the sides showing layers.

EDIT: If you have a fillet or chamfer, I would join that small edge to the side and use the same material / map.

Thank you, @BrianJ. And thank you, @schultzeworks. I’ll try this.