Unexpected Weldvertex result

Thanks Brian
What they mean by organic pipe can be found here

As for Connecticut, I paid it here

And about the weld command, the unweld also has to say that it has a problem and is not executed correctly
And we mean about selection
Selection commands such as:
SelectInvert
Selectcoplanar
PaintSelection
SelectionGrow
SelectionShrink
There are other Selection commands in the clayoo plugin
Please consider all these commands in grasshopper too

Can you provide an example model, the simpler the better, that shows what you expect versus what you get?

A post was split to a new topic: Mesh and Subd selection tools

thanks

In this video you will see Chamfer and Multi Weld capabilities

Thanks, try CollapseMeshVertex it’s not based on proximity but may help.

The Chamfer modifier on a specific vert is not something on the wish pile now but I can envision using InsertPoint and deleting the central vert to get to the same spot. This works on meshes now in v7.

What was the unexpected result you got with WeldVertices in Rhino? Just that they didn’t collapse to one vert?

oh
Yes, I tried the Collapse Mesh Vertex command, but to no avail
And the weldvertex command is not executed
thanks

hi all
In this video, you see unweldedge command of T-splin, but it doesn’t work in Rhino 7​:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

And here’s the unweldedge command in Rhino7 that doesn’t work out​:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

I see you using WeldVertices in that clip but not CollapseMeshVertex. WeldVertices does not make the verts collapse to the same location. It has to do with removing creases… http://docs.mcneel.com/rhino/6/help/en-us/commands/weld.htm

Thanks for the video clips. Can you explain more about what isn’t working, I’m not seeing the difference yet, thanks. Also Crease will do the same thing as UnweldEdge and is on the Subd toolbar.

Thank you, I have this filed as https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-53257

Thanks for your response

+1 more vote for this option

1 Like

Thanks, I added your vote to RH-53257

RH-53257 is fixed in the latest WIP