Unexpected behaviour when sending colors out of a GhPython component

Hey folks, I really didn’t know how to categorize this. Feel free to move.

Seeing some unexpected behaviour while using Grasshopper in R7 WIP at the moment. I am creating lots of System.Drawing.Color objects (for drawing a bitmap later) and sending them out of the component as a tuple of tuples using this line in GhPython:

PixelData = tuple([tuple(row) for row in PixelData])

Note that PixelData contains rows of colors of the pixels for the future bitmap.

Up until recently, it has always worked quite well. The difference in using list of lists simply being that you could actually see a written representation of the data when connecting to a panel or else.

But now I noticed that when I hover over the param, the tooltip is actually quite broken, see the red rossed box in the image (this was not the case a few weeks ago).

When I connect this to a panel, I get the following:

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException (0x80004005): Allgemeiner Fehler in GDI+.
   bei System.Drawing.Graphics.CheckErrorStatus(Int32 status)
   bei System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawString(String s, Font font, Brush brush, RectangleF layoutRectangle, StringFormat format)
   bei Grasshopper.GUI.GH_ToolTipForm.PaintDescription(Graphics g)
   bei Grasshopper.GUI.GH_ToolTipForm.GH_ToolTipForm_Paint(Object sender, PaintEventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
[END ERROR]

Can someone explain or help? It kind of looks like a new feature trying to display the colors inside the tooltip (or the whole bitmap?) but something seems to go wrong. Maybe @DavidRutten can shed a bit of light on this? :slight_smile:

If it is of interest to anyone: Whatever that bug was - it’s gone again since the last update of R7 WIP.