Undo is missing

Recently I’ve found ‘nothing to undo’ after issuing the undo command. Fixed it by simply closing Rh5 and reopening the file.

This never happened before, and I can think of no reason for it to happen today.

Any thoughts from others?

ChrisK

Hi Chris- it depends on the undo memory allocated in Options>General. (do not modify the minimum undos- leave that at 1), and the file you have loaded- if the file is a giant mesh and you move it,it is possible that the mesh in undo will suck up all the available memory.

-Pascal

1 Like

It’s just a ‘normal’ brep collection.

Thinking about it, my system rebooted overnight, and when I opened the subject file I got the message ‘Rhino did not close normally. Recover the file?’ and I said cancel. Just proceeded. Perhaps this was the cause of the loss of the undo stack?

ChrisK

Well, if you did not do anything after recovering, then yes, there would be no undos- they are not saved in the file, you start from scratch when a file is opened.

-Pascal

Well, I rejected the ‘recovery’ and simply opened the file. After several operations [20?] I tried undo and drew the blank.

But it’s fine now. Maybe I’m wiser, too…

ChrisK