Unable to open cloud workshared model after Rhino.Inside.Revit was running in a session

Hey there everyone!

I hope this message would be read by the developers :smiley:
Once i’ve ran a Rhino.Inside.Revit add-in in Revit 2021 i can no longer open any other workshared cloud models. Restarting Revit completely resolves the problem.

Recovering by opening the model with inspection or with the worksets being turned off also doesn’t help and may even completely freeze the program. >.< Simultaneously Revit 2020 has no such problem on my machine. I have no idea if the bug issues also on the other machines :sweat:

Thanks

This is most probably a DLL conflict with the cloud APIs. Would you mind testing a scenario that you open a cloud model Before running RIR and then opening RIR and see if you can still sync? I’m trying to figure out if the cloud dependencies gets loaded first, would it solve the problem or not. I have BIM 360 access on my side now so I can test more as well

1 Like

Hello! Thanks for respond. Sure, it is possible to sinchronize with the cloud after opening cloud model and then RIR

1 Like

Okay let me look into this and see which DLLs are potentially conflicting. Thanks a lot for the bug report!

This behaviour still happens when loading cloud projects between models while rhino.inside is
running in the background.

This warning keeps appearing several times until the model finishes loading.
First this

Then this. Several times.

Johan, Can you provide step by step directions of what you are doing? I’ll try to reproduce.

Please provide the About info and any other details that could be relevant. Thanks!

I know this might look like i’m in a rampage of bugs detection haha, but i like to report bugs and i didn’t have enough time to report this events :sweat_smile:

In this case, i had rhino.inside executed after closing a cloud file. Then i opened the same file again, while rhino.inside was still open. So this warnings of licences and worksharing shows. This happens everytime this condition meets.

I’m not able to repeat this

SaveToCentral

Hmmm.

My file have many links for structure, site (Land), mep, etc. Would you try to put links on your example for them to load?

Btw, I have Revit 2022.1

I’m testing in the Version Info you provided & there was a link in the project.

To save a lot of guess work can you invite me to the project?

I’m not sure I can do that bc of the nda, but I can record my screen and show you when it happens.

I need to reproduce. I’ll add a bunch of junky links and see if that has any can get us closer.

Is this specific to a particular project or file?