Unable to load Plug-in: ID already in use. Rhino 6SR31

Hi Dale,

Yes, I am getting a plugin ID in use error. It belongs here. Pachyderm uses the .dll to connect the grasshopper and rhino plugins, so I hope we can keep the dll (unless you can think of an equally elegant way to do that). Also, I haven’t figured out how you debug without the dll. My attempts so far have not been successful.

It started with debug, but once it started, it wouldn’t load at all. I’ve downgraded to rc28 for now, and I can debug again, but I’ll upgrade again if it will help figure this one out.

Arthur

Are you sure your assembly has a unique Guid? This might not be the case if start your C# project by copying an existing one.
See file AssemblyInfo.cs:
Try changing the Guid.

Is it possible to move the shared parts of the plug-in into a separate DLL that’s referenced by both the RHP and the GHA?

I’ve already done that to some extent, but it isn’t just code that’s being shared. The rhino and grasshopper plugins share data. It’s an actual link. ​You can run the simulation in rhino, and then pass the simulation data to grasshopper to process however you like.

I’m not sure that’s the problem anyway, though. Visual studio references the rhino plugin project in grasshopper. So I’m not sure what is being referenced by the compiled library.

In the meantime, what about debugging? Visual studio 2017 doesn’t seem to like to debug without the dll (for my project anyway). How are people dealing with that?

Arthur

Goswin - Yes, it does have a unique GUID.

The project’s guid has not been the problem for the 13 years it has been distributed.

Arthur