Un-used windows slow the definition down

In my definition, I have a main window from which satelite or “pop-up” windows can be opened by selecting this or that option.
We noticed that the “Launch Window” and “Add Elements” components from these secondary windows refresh everytime something happens in the main component, even when the “Show” input of the “Launch window” component is set to “False”, and they slow down the execution quite a lot.
Sometimes they take multiple seconds to execute.

I understand that this is linked to the way the data flows in GH, and I fixed this with a Metahopper “Enable/Disable” component, but I thought perhaps this could be “Built-in” the components themselves : If the “Show” input is set to false, then disable the component.

Maybe that’s easier said than done, but it sure would speed up those interfaces with multiple windows.

Human UI is very slow in response, and it drags the whole GH workflow down significantly. I’m not using it anymore.

I’m exploring UI+ now.

1 Like

Hi Ji,

Thanks for this info.
This new UI plugin looks sleek indeed and seems to offer lots of colorful and fancy ways to display data.
The kind that really makes one looks smart by flashing rainbows and glitter.
But my needs are more down to earth and I mostly had a gripe with the limitations of the data table component in Human UI.
The Data table provided by Ui+ allows the user to change manually discreet values but that’s hardly of any practical use at least in my purpose which is the global management of metadata attached to my blocks for BIM.