Two data trees matching clarification

Posting this to get confirmation I have understood data tree matching correctly or not.

In the example (picture) are two trees, with one one level deeper than the other. What I imagined and hoped to happen was that the result would be that all the items in {0;0;x} would be multiplied by the 20 in {0;1} and all the items in {0;1;x} multiplied by the 100 in {0;2}. Instead only the very first branch {0;0;0} gets multiplied by 20 and all others by 100.

So in essence the tree branch numbering don’t matter, branches are just matched 1:1 and the last value repeated after that if necessary?

I.e. is the only way to get this to work the way I like is to use Repeat Data the correct amount of times?

Very very close. The number may matter if the param accesses are tree type and the component uses the branch number for some reason.

It may not be the only one but it is the best (for clarity and simplicity).

Why not just don’t “Graft” your second list of entwined result for Multliplicationinput?

This was a simplified example. In my actual problem the multiplier tree had 5-6 items in each branch. In the above example it would have needed each item in the series to be multiplied by 20,30,40,50 and the second series by some other set.

So yes, your solution worked for this example, but it was constructed just to highlight the other dilemma.

Ok, thank you for the clarification. It was as I feared. Data trees proved to be a less logical, or at least of of another strain than what I hoped

They just have a bad name, they’re not trees at all. But they do have a reason to be and they are useful and easy to use (once you remove everything they are not). You’ll see how everything ends up becoming clear.