Twisted loft based on projected curves

I’ve been hunting around on the board to find a solution to my twisted lofts and have found the only solution that works for me in the one based on finding the closest point etc.

However I really don’t understand why this is necessary…I have a collection of closed curves that I project onto a surface and then loft the two sets, but they end up completely twisted…even though they should very related.

Further more the twisting changes depending on the order I plug in the sets of curves…I would like to understand how it works, but can’t figure it out.

twisted loft problem.gh (12.5 KB)

Pufferfish plugin has a feature you might want to try.

twisted loft problem_re.gh (16.9 KB)

1 Like

A solution with native components:

twisted loft no problem.gh (14.8 KB)

1 Like

Thank you!
I’ll give puffer fish a try as it seems to be both quick and easy to use , but it still bothers me that a projected curve changes seam location and needs alignment…it feels weird and wrong

@HS_Kim I like the flow and it’s easy to understand and follow, but couldn’t I just ‘simplify’ the ‘A’ output and drop it into a curve and thereby eliminate the shift path and the merge blocks?

@martinsiegrist I’m curious as why the recipe requires the CP node to work and wont work with just the Endpoints as used for the curves above…Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I’m still learning my way around this.

Again, Thank you guys!

My definition above aligns the seam of the second curve based on the first curve. We don’t want any additional points. Therefore the first goal is to find the corner / control point of the second curve which is closest to the seam / start point of the first curve. The timestamp t is where the second curve start point has to be.

I don’t know what the G input of the Pufferfish Align Curve Seams component is but I’m guessing G stands for guide and instead of a guide point it seems you could also provide a timestamp.