Tubing incorrect

This should not be an issue. Cranking the tolerance simply makes the pipes bulge. I’m not sure that is the result you are looking for. Does either the MiteredTubes example or the PipeTest3 example show the results you expect?

I can not help Margaret, I do not remember in which SR Rhino 5 the first test I posted worked. Only remember that certain pipe functioned, for example in SR2, but not in SR4 (it is only an example). The first test I was able to run with a low tolerance, maybe 0.2, or 0.3 …
I’m sorry, it’s been a long time since then …

This is the result more acceptable (relative to the first test), made with Sweep1 a tolerance 0.1 (I think it works well in 0.05, not more). With the command “pipe” the solution is worse, does not run any tolerance!

But in this case, with one sweep command works with a tolerance of 0.5 (0.4,0.3 to … etc does not work anymore).
With the Pipe command works with a tolerance of 0.8 (almost acceptable outcome).

Finally, the last test, with a very loose tolerance (0.8) tubing with sweep1 works. The pipe instead it never works correctly (tried various tolerances).

Margaret, another test.
I would like to achieve a Sweep1 and a pipe along the closed polyline. Can you do? Rhino meets some difficulties in the sharp edge.
If there is any bugs, please correct it!
Sweep1 and pipe failed.3dm (38.9 KB)

Well, I think it’s a bit much to ask that a pipe make a 180 degree corner on a point. It does work if you modify the figure so there is an angle of less than 180 degrees…

However, if you actually do have to construct this (in parts) and you need to have the 180 degree angle, Rhino does have a lot of trouble finding the intersection to split the pipe between the straight portion and the arc portion. This is a classic Rhino problem.

–Mitch

Perfect. So this could be a chance to work on for the next version of Rhino. I hope that this type of situation will be resolved gradually, and do not remain unresolved for years and years.
I understand the difficulties, efforts should focus on unsolved problems and not only to provide novelty at all costs.
I trust in the great work of the developers, very good and always attentive to our users.

Mitch is right, that example shall not return a valid surface, it is not possible to solve that situation with pipe.
What would you expect? A cap at the end?

Holo, why not? A cap on the end and the correct intersection in the acute angle. If you think making a curve offset, is solved by a straight line.
The intersection is not even created!

There is no clear intersection because the ends overlap. A small angle will fix that, as Mitch said.

But you can pipe bad geometry with ApplyCurvePiping, so use that for rendering.