Hi, I have been dealing with some complex curves which I wanted to close and extrude into a poly surface, after several attemps I made a closed surface and manually splitted the surface with all the volumes in the hope that afterward, I would be able to extrude the surface. Sadly this is not the case, would someone be my hero and look at the file and see if they can resolve the problem?
Hi - What goes wrong when extruding?
It seems to work here but I imagine that it might be possible that your computer needs some time to deal with this…
Hi @wim, Thanks for looking at the file, when I extrude it seems to have problems becoming a solid file. If I would try to cap it now, it would take a while and return with an error. Thats why I was trying to find the root of the problem… Does your extrusion close itself? And if so would you mind sharing it in this dropbox folder or via another route? (The file is to big to upload via the forum).
Are you working with the surface or the curves?
Hi @davidcockey, thanks for looking at the file. I was using the curves in the hope to generate a surface that would be extrude-able into a solid. After initial trials with the curves I tried the surface but neither have produced the goal of a solid.
Hello - If the curves are all closed & planar and do not intersect,
ExtrudeCrv with Solid=Yes should get you a solid(s).
Hi @pascal, the problem is that the curves are closed, but they do not result into a closed solid or planer surface. The complexity of the curves is probably preventing to make it a solid. Please look at the file and see if by some reason it does work when you type in the command
Thank you @pascal, I just cleaned up the intersecting curve, but probably there are more intersecting curves as the file is rather big.
Hello - run
SimplifyCrv as well on these.
@pascal, I will do that in a bit, my computer is trying to extrude a new attempt. However I improved the curves and uploaded the file on
Tried this as well, also tried to rebuilt the curve. Both result in intersecting curves.
it could be a bit long but I think you can try with CurveBoolean to clean all the curves and keep only the closed and not selfintersecting ones.
Hm… I simplified all the curves, cleaned up that one, and got a closed thing… let me see if I can repeat the whole process.