I have a problem with surface split component. I used BBX to find the intersection curve among two sets of surfaces. Then i use this curve to trim the second set of surfaces. But it works only in some cases. (not all the values of the initial slider )
you should really name your clusters if you plan on going lke 8 layers deep.
i found something wierd inside this cluster:
inside you do a ‘InCurve’ check on a list of open curves which will always fail i don’t know if this is intended but i don’t really inderstand your definition because its seperated in so many clusters. I added a ‘join’ maybe this was the problem. Could you explain what you mean by ‘the definition not working’ ?
I rewrote the part with the intersections to concentrate only on it and for the moment ignoring your data-handling done in the clusters. A few notes:
it’s a good idea to cut out the unwanted parts of your outer srf before you do the brep stuff so i did that here.
the holes in your ‘copertura’ surface sometimes cause the intersection to fail so i capped them. Have a look if this fits your needs:
well the part in red cuts the bottom curve which you ‘divide length’ to size before doing the heavy lifting with breps its just some optimization. Try to take a look again because the results of our definitions are exactly the same but this one takes around 500ms to compute while the one with the many clusters took around 4000.
On the understanding part: i don’t understand the purpose of all your boolean operations, do you intend to extract some data other then just the geometry? if not i guess most of it is not really needed to achieve the geometry.
I found out what causes the problem with both ‘srf split’ and ‘split brep’:
ýour roof srf has a lost of “inner edges” and when one of those edges exactly matches the start or end point of your cutting lines two different things happen:
-‘split Brep’ returns 3 instead of 2 results, this can be handled with some data sorting i did that in the new definition
-‘srf split’ will return 2 “wrong” results
the part in the red dots is for getting rid of the parts of the bottom curve you dont want anyway so you don’t have to 1. calculate the lines, 2. calculate the extrusions, 3. calculate the cuts, 4. find no cuts, 5. sort out the extrusion which didn’t got cut. of course the result is the same, it just takes more computation time
the expression is for the cases where brep split gives the wierd results. in words it reads something like:
If the number of elements in a tree path is more then 2, cull out the item with index 2, if not cull out the item with index 1. Which for this dataset gives the results we want. the expression also sorts out the uncut pieces because when a tree path has only 1 item in it it will be sorted out.