Troubleshooting naked edges

I have naked edges around the edge of this model. I tried joining them but that didn’t work. Not sure how to troubleshoot further. Help!medallion.3dm (6.9 MB)

if you hide the filleted edges you will find that your centre piece has an edge round it too, not sure if thats problematic or not, someone more advanced may comment on that. I managed to rebuild the edge details by extracting isovcurves from your fillet edges, then ran the sweep 2 rail command, seemed to work ok, find the extracted isocurve and new edge surface on the new light green layer medallion mdx.3dm (5.7 MB)

Thank you so much. Where do you find the extracted isocurve command? Susan

Curve menu, Curve from Objects, Extract iso curve, or just type extract iso curve in the command bar

Hi Miles–I appreciate all your help, but I am still lost. There is one naked edge left and that’s the hole in the medallion. First of all, I don’t really understand what it means when there’s a naked edge? Does it mean it’s not joined to the surface? I tried doing the isocurve thing with the hole. Thanks, Susan

Actually you don’t have naked edges and that’s why there is nothing that can be joined. You need matching naked edges for join to work.

Use ExtractStf to remove the vertical surface around the perimeter of the medallion and then delete it. Then everything remaining will join into a closed polySrf

ah yes, if you look at your hole, there is actually 2 surfaces there too, delete them both, then use DupEdge command command to create a new curve, then extrude a new surface, join, and should be fine medallion mdx.3dm (5.6 MB)