Troubleshooting GH Styles can be frustrating

Ah, I missed it too! Thanks.

It seems to recompile every input change in the window preview (without clicking ok or apply), which can slow things down with heavy Styles. Of course, it makes sense, we will see in the future how it will act with heavy VA Styles. For now, it’s ok.

Edit:
I had to find an exception…
Method you mentioned is not possible if we want to edit multiple objects at once.

Yes, and I know it might be something complicated for a regular wish. Just wanted to plant the seed.

EDIT:

@enric
Thank you for implementing getting of geometrical properties through Get Property component!
Now I can prepare my GH Style in a way that allows me to toggle “Debbuging” mode for selected VA Objects. This way troubleshooting instances that do not work as expected will be much easier.

Maybe it could be more elegant if this would be some native solution, but what I came with isn’t very hacky, it works and saves time for me, so I’m ok with it.

Reference wanted object in the VA Object component and use Stream Filters to switch between original VA Style inputs and Inputs used in a given instance.

This is how it works, very simple

1 Like