Trouble joining two objects together

Hi everyone,

I have some trouble joining a multipipe, that i created from a few curves, to a polysurface “frame” to create a single closed polysurface for 3d printing.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Rhino file is attached here

Several observations

Your pipes are grouped together, not joined.

Group is fundamentally different than Join. After a group is created using Group Rhino will select all the objects in the group when a one or more objects in the group is selected. The objects remain separate entities. Any operations done on the group has the exact same results as if the members of the group were selected individually.

When Join is used to join objects a single new entity is created from the input objects which Rhino treats as a single object.

Some but not all of your pipes have end caps which coincide with the surface of your frame. Rhino can have problems joining objects with coinciding surfaces.

What will you use the final file for? You may need to Trim and Join the individual pipes into a single entity for some purposes.

How much experience do you have with Rhino?

Hi David,

Thank you for the reply.

I will be 3d printing this polysurface for a uni assignment, just started learning Rhino + a little grasshopper a few weeks back.

Good resources for learning Rhino include User’s Guide, Level 1 Manual and Level 2 Manual. Rhino - Learn to use Rhino