Trim Solids

Hi bip -you can Explode then trim either of the resulting surfaces with the Isocurve option and rejoin, or use say CutPlane to make a plane through the object and split with that, or Boolean2Objects with that plane (keeps things solid) … Any surface or polysurface that fully intersect the cone can be used in this way.
You can also just draw a line or curve and use Trim or Split or WireCut.
Got all that?

-Pascal

right, thanks, except I don’t have a cutting object so exploding the shape does not allow me to trim. I used the CutPLane and Boolean2Objects which worked, sort of. What I am trying to do is the same action as Kyle Houchens does when he splits the front of the earplugs in his tutorial and immerses it into the sphere and the blends the two shapes.
I tried drawing a line, circle, or whatever into the cone and the split, but it doesnt work on my end at least, but thanks anyway. appreciate it.

but Split, with an iso, will work on the results of an Explode - that is where you started, right?

-Pascal

I started with just the cone, with no cutting surface/object. The line/circle does not cut the object even after it is Exploded. using SftPts and creating a rectangle that slices through the cone, splits the cone and conserves both side. Using the Boolean2Objects command deletes one of the side on completion, at least for me…but both ways work for now, thanks.