Trim all Intersecting curves?

Hello there,

I am wondering if there is a way to quickly trim all intersecting curves. please see the picture below

basically, i want to trim all the intersecting curves so that im left with something like the picture below. I did this by selecting all the curves and then using the trim command to delete all the intersecting curves manually, but am wondering if there is a quicker way?

i have tried extruding the curves, then booleaning them together, then merging all faces and then using the dupborder command to get a clean curve without intersection, but my computer usually crashes before this works… there must be a better way?

thank you!

Try CurveBoolean.

Hello- CurveBoolean will help but since there are so many closed regions, you’ll need to either click in each ‘cell’ that you want to keep, or use AllRegions (CombineRegions=No) and then delete all the ones you do not want - hard to say which would be the less tedious.

Here is a script that will select all closed planar curves that match the area, within file tolerance, of a selected curve… it might help sort out the output from CurveBoolean.
SelEqualArea.py (1.2 KB)

To use the Python script use RunPythonScript, or a macro:

_-RunPythonScript "Full path to py file inside double-quotes"

-Pascal

Yes, I was going to post something similar… Here’s another couple of scripts that might help after the CurveBoolean>AllRegions - SelSameLenCrvs and SelSameAreaCrvs. Run the script, select one of the closed curves that is a result of the CurveBoolean that you don’t want and all others with the same length or area will select. Then hit Delete.

SelSameLenCrvs.py (2.7 KB)
SelSameAreaCrvs.py (3.2 KB)