Triggering a plugin components button

The saga continues. I thought Human would finally solve everything, but that too is not ideal.

Instance Manager seems to be the only plugin where I can select a bunch of blocks in Rhino, set them in GH and then it does stuff only on them. Human and Elefront both rely on filtering through ALL INSTANCES of blocks in the document. Instance Manager seems to be the only one that directly works using the GUID of a black and not just the name.

There are around 130 simple blocks in the Rhino doc, but over 100.000 instances of those blocks, meaning that any component that has to filter through blocks is useless. I found a little script by Andrew Heumann here: Changing layers of blocks, hatches, etc where only the Modify Attributes node uses the GUID. Funnily enough that is exactly what I want to do - modify the attributes of a bunch of SELECTED blocks, which will then get instanced. But with Human I can’t find a way to work only on selected blocks without first having to filter. And even then the reading back of the attributes doesn’t seem to work. The name of the block as well as any user keys and values are always empty or Null!? I might post in the Human section about this specifically.