Triangular Pattern generation & application to surfaces

I’m in need of some help with a definition.

I’ve managed to create a triangular pattern that I like but I am finding it hard to apply that pattern to any kind of surface. I’ve tried projecting it but I’m not sure it is the right way to proceed, so I’ve tried altering my surface in order to use its parameters to influence the “triangular” component to reflect the size of a simple rectangular surface (part of the definition)

The only part that as succeeded was the attractor line that I created. My facade does react to it’s presence but I’m trying to add more attractor lines but adding new ones doesn’t seem like it affects the facade.

I was wondering if someone on the forum would be able to help me solve these two issues. Here is teh link to my file: TriangularPatternApplicationToSrf.gh (14.7 KB)

One of the easiest way is to use Lunchbox plugin.

TriangularPatternApplicationToSrf_re.gh (12.3 KB)

1 Like

That’s amazing Kim, thanks for sharing the definition. I didn’t know of the Lunchbox plugin.

I’ve been trying to use it to piece several surfaces together and make them react like the single surface. Would you know how to do this? I’ve attached model of What I mean SuccessiveSUrfaces.3dm (8.2 MB)

It would be better to prepare your trimmed surfaces which have the same height domain when they are untrimmed.
I can’t explain the basics of Nurbs geometries, so please study some in advance.

TriangularPatternApplicationToSrf_reV2.gh (18.3 KB)

3 Likes

Thanks for the neat little definition @HS_Kim. I love what you’ve done to control the ratio of the triangle, it’s so tidy. Not sure I understand all of it thought.

I’ve had that problem before about using pre-trimmed surfaces in grasshopper. I’ll have a deeper look into Nurbs as you advised.