Transparent Va Objects

I’m wondering what the recommended procedure is for making Va objects (walls, slabs, doors) semitransparent - so that certain ones read as they would in ghost display mode. (But not using SetObjDisplayMode because it doesn’t last into another session.)

Is substituting their wall/window/slab/door style for one with the materials set to a transparent material the only way?

Hi @djhg,

I see that VisualARQ objects do not keep their custom display object mode (using the command SetObjectDisplayMode command) after saving/opening a document. This is a bug, and I will fix it for the next VisualARQ version.

Thanks for reporting it!

Enric

I actually first discovered this with non-va objects years ago. I thought it was a rhino limitation.

I’ve already fixed this issue in VisualARQ 2.11, which should be published in one or two weeks.

Take into account that SetObjectDisplayMode only changes the display mode for the active viewport, not globally.

Thanks,

Enric

“Take into account that SetObjectDisplayMode only changes the display mode for the active viewport, not globally.”

I need it to persist in particular detail windows on a layout, which has never worked on any Rhino objects.