Transparent background screencap - edges also transparent?

Thanks Mitch,

I’m now seeing it using your display mode…so some other setting is clearly getting in the way here…I’ll figure it out…Thanks for the feedback and info.

-Jeff

@Helvetosaur

Hey Mitch, the fix is in the latest 6.x build… If you have the time, and want to try it out, please do… and let me know if you’re still seeing any transparency glitches.

Thanks,
-Jeff

I think it’s got something to do with the display mode. I run into the same issue with custom display modes based off of the Pen setting.
Pen shadows.ini (6.3 KB)

@Helvetosaur

I successfully tested the fix just yesterday, using your display mode settings.

OK, I’m not on the dailies, just the weekly RC candidates, so I guess it will show up here next week?

Thanks!

I’m not entirely sure this will be in the next weekly release candidate as Jeff made this change on the same day that we released 6.23 and branched our code to begin stabilizing on 6.24. It will definitely be fixed in next week’s V7 WIP and if it isn’t fixed in next week’s 6.24, then it is most likely in 6.25.

Well shoot… It looks like there’s yet another situation where this is happening. I’ve fixed Mitch’s case, but using your Pen mode, I see similar problems (even with the fix)… So I guess it’s back to the drawing board.

Thanks for the display mode…makes repeating things so much easier!

-Jeff

Looks like it’s the “Shadows” setting in a Technical mode that’s wrenching up the gears… Which is a bit odd, since I don’t see this problem at all In other modes that use shadows (i.e. Rendered)… Only technical modes seem to have this problem…Probably because I do shadows slightly differently for tech modes (they’re more of an overlay process rather than a real-time rendering calculation).

I’ll fix it.

Thanks,
-Jeff

Jeff - does this have anything to do with transparend objects showing edges in TestShowShadowMap mode?

RH-57035 is fixed in the latest Service Release Candidate