Trackpad – 10.10 Beta (Yosemite Beta)

I am having that issue as well. I’ve never seen Apple sabotage themselves like this before. Something is retarded up at Apple.

I´m having this issue again as I´m using WIP 5A629 on OS X 10.10.2 (Yosemite BETA) now:

Swiping with 2 fingers gets just the zooming.

BUT swiping with 2 fingers while the trackpad is pressed (“clicked”) works correct; it´s just a bit heavy work and not very smooth to use because of that.

I am unable to duplicate this with OS X 10.10.2 (14C81f) and the 2014-12-17 Rhino WIP release. Please post your Rhino information (About Rhinoceros > More info…) so we can see if there is anything else that might cause this problem.

As I again tried to get this issue fixed, I switched on/off Mouse Gestures,

The “scroll with one finger” option was off and thus disabled the trackpad pan/rotate action in some way.

When (now 10.10.2 Beta) this option is active, the trackpad gestures work as intended.

I have the same problem.
Can"t rotate or pan using trackpad (it zooms instead)
It was working before.

Software information

Software versions
Rhinoceros version: 5.0 WIP (5A671)
IronPython version: 5.1.2014.1006
Language: en (MacOS default)
OS X version: Version 10.10.2 (Build 14C106a)

Plug-ins
None

Third party kernel extensions
None

Hardware information

Computer hardware
Hardware model: MacBookAir4,2
Processor: Intel Core i5-2557M CPU @ 1.70GHz
Memory: 4 GB
Architecture: Intel 64 bit

Video hardware
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Memory: 384 MB
Screen size: 1440 x 900
Displays: Color LCD (128dpi 1x)

USB devices
Apple Inc.: FaceTime Camera (Built-in)
Apple Inc.: Bluetooth USB Host Controller
Apple Inc.: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad
Apple: Internal Memory Card Reader

Bluetooth devices
None

OpenGL information

OpenGL software
OpenGL version: 2.1 INTEL-10.0.19
Render version: 2.1
Shading language: 1.20
Maximum texture size: 8192 x 8192
Z-buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum viewport size: 8192 x 8192

Implementation settings
Use texture compression: No

Appearance settings
Antialiasing: 2x
Mip map filtering: None
Anisotropic filtering: Medium

I am unable to duplicate this with Rhinoceros version 5A671 and OS X version Build 14C106a, the same configuration as you have. Make sure you have the top checkbox checked in Rhinoceros > Preferences > Trackpad.

I solved the problem. I had to check checkboxes in Rhinoceros > Preferences > Magic Mouse ( althouh I don"t use one)

I see that now.

Grumble This looks like a last minute breaking change (for us), and then Apple releases 10.10.2 before we get a chance to look at it.

i saw the 10.10.2 update available in the app store… do you think we should wait a while prior to updating with regards to rhino issues?

(i don’t mind waiting… just that there have been some (possibly overblown?) security alerts out there basically saying to update asap)

I am running Mac OS 10.10.1 and running the latest version of Rhino, and the trackpad zooming and orbiting have completely stopped working. I have tried the previous fixes that have been suggested and nothing works. Is there any solution to this?

Found another forum post about this, and it seems to be a problem with the Mac software. Restarting my computer seemed to have fixed the problem as of now.

I always wait a while to update the computers I depend on working all the time. I wait to see if any serious problems get reported when a new point release comes out. I have another testing computer where I install the betas and brand new releases, but I don’t depend on that computer for real work. I know most people don’t have that luxury, but I do wait for the computers that matter.

thanks.
yeah, i’ll just wait… i’ve been idle for the past month but gearing up for some fairly intensive design work… things are smooth right now so i’ll keep them at that :wink:

Worked for me, thanks.