Tooltips self-populating with nonsense

Has anyone else noticed that unused icon tooltips are randomly populating with “Macro…” gibberish? Like this:

I’ve cleaned these out just to find them re-populated with more of the same.

Thanks,

Dan

Didn’t bother too much but I’ve also noticed that. maybe from the latest build…

Yep, thanks, I know what this is. @JohnM, I guess we’re still not done with this one…

(@DanBayn, all - the context is, trying to find a good solution to a bug that turned up recently where V5 rui files are, in some cases, messed up for V5 - not displaying some tooltips - by being opened in 6 and then saved)

-Pascal

Yep, here too… --Mitch

Glad to know it’s not just me. I will stop cleaning this up until a solution is found.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan - it will probably work to enter a space in the tooltips section. (i.e. if you want the tooltip blank - that is what you’re after, right?)

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

Yes, blank tooltips. I will try the space.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Pascal,

No luck. I tried the space, closed Rhino and when I re-opened it, the “macro-copy” tooltips were back.

Not sure if this is helpful, but I think the places where that happens did contain tooltips at one point in V5, but were deleted over the years.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Pascal,

I thought before I install the RC, it might be good to wipe the slate clean and completely uninstall V6. I followed your direction found here:

<Uninstalling Rhino 6 Beta>

When I reinstalled, the problem with the tooltips was gone.

I was also able to repeat this on my laptop. I fresh install solves this issue.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan- just curious - was the fresh install the RC or did you try the previous version as a test? Cause, the RC should show blanks as blanks again, I think, regardless… but there are still problems with our default toolbars not showing some tooltips any more, there’s more to do.

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

It was the RC.

Hi Dan - ok, thanks - we’re still messing with this …

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

I just loaded SR1 and I notice this is still a problem.

Thanks,

Dan

Still happening with SR3.