Timeline step buttons < & > in fixed positions

Hi,
Pressing FWD buttons on buttons that are moving is… (not so funny).

Often I have to “step” the Timeline one keyframe at the time in order to force full processing at each keyframe. But the buttons are moving as you click on them, which is tireing, to say the least. Edit: And the keyboard arrow keys doesn’t work either (!).

This is basics in user interface design - namely to make sure people don’t have to apply precision work for trivial nonsense, like moving a timeline. :sweat: Please.

Therefore, please add arrow keys at the ENDs of the time line, in fixed positions, so that the buttons remains in the expected positions after clicking several times… Like so:

// Rolf

No Bongo in front of me at the moment but AFAIR, you could just hit the LMB and keep the mouse stationary. The cursor would follow the arrow on the timeline without need for re-positioning the mouse.

@wim. Thank you for the hint, it works as you said. Now that I know about it I can cope with it a little better.

But this behavior still isn’t helpful when repeatedly advancing N number of keyframes. A click button which moves as you keep clicking on it is not how you design UI’s (it actually brakes a basic rule about lowering the demand for need for precision, which is demanding enough when doing the actual drawing) .

Although this solution actually works, when you know about it, it should at least not be the only option. Non standard behavior meant I didn’t find it intuitively and so I had to be told that this is how it works.

But hint, hint (McNeel), they write books about UI design. I say only, O’Riley. :slight_smile:

// Rolf

User Interace isn’t the issue. The problem lies in the refresh of the viewport-display while previewing objects based on History or on constraints to morphing objects. As I understand it has to do with the corporation between Bongo and Rhino. I agree there has to be done research in that field.

Nevertheless your suggestion to relocate the controls is worthwhile consideration.

Yes, that’s another problem we’ve discussed earlier. :slight_smile:

// Rolf