Thea Render v1.5 for Rhino first issues

ok…so the problem is related to WINDOWS 10
doesn’t matter which kind of cpu manufacturer is on board

OPS…,
I just experienced a freeze of Win10, without Rhino even being started.

From earlier cases of troubleshooting I learned that some motherboards are prone to freezing the computer, even due to very little overheating. That type of motherboard wasn’t that of mine though (which is a Socket 2011 GA-X79-UD3).

In general, when such freezing is occurring with any motherboard, one could suspect the freezing is caused by bad thermal connection (bad heat transfer) between the CPU and the cooling system (or the GPU, for similar reasons). For example, if freezing starts to occur after making changes to the CPU cooling system, one could suspect that the cooling paste wasn’t correctly applied.

In my case at this time, I was watching a Youtube video but had no eye on the temperature gauges (I have a water cooling system which at least normally keeps the temperature under 70C, and around 80C even under “heavy render load”).

< Scratching head >

// Rolf

Do you have the W10 anniversary update installed? Freezes are well documented with this update. You can get some help at http://www.windowscentral.com/windows10-anniversary-update-common-problems-how-fix
Go down about 1/3 of the page and system freezes are discussed.

No. Still on Version 1511.

// Rolf

Don’t waste your time reading guides on the web… It’s totally useless… The Problem is windows 10…stop. the evidence is that under 7\8 I’ve not any problems at all. I tryed also the anniversary udpade… After 5 minutes, the PC was temporary freezed by thea .or keyshot. I can exclude the temp issue in CPU… Because I’ve a lepa water system …

in meantime,Nvidia released the new driver for all the modern video card… driver number 372.54,August 16.

could be a rigth way to solve or try to solve the freezes?